Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Why I Think Michael Moore is an Idiot

So I'm a few days behind on this, but cut me some slack, I've been out of town. I read this letter to Canada from Michael Moore, and just had to share my opinion of the stupidity contained therein.


Oh, Canada -- you're not really going to elect a Conservative majority on Monday, are you? That's a joke, right? I know you have a great sense of humor, and certainly a well-developed sense of irony, but this is no longer funny.


Really? I think it's hilarious. Conservatives now control Canada, so where are Moore and Co. going to threaten to move during election time if their candidate loses?

Far be it from me, as an American, to suggest what you should do. You already have too many Americans telling you what to do. Well, actually, you've got just one American who keeps telling you to roll over and fetch and sit. I hope you don't feel this appeal of mine is too intrusive but I just couldn't sit by, as your friend, and say nothing. Yes, I agree, the Liberals have some 'splainin' to do. And yes, one party in power for more than a decade gets a little... long. But you have a parliamentary system (I'll bet you didn't know that -- see, that's why you need Americans telling you things!).


Yes. Talk to them as if they were a group of retarded five year olds. That's the way to convince them to vote your way.

These are no ordinary times, and as you go to the polls on Monday, you do so while a man running the nation to the south of you is hoping you can lend him a hand by picking Stephen Harper because he's a man who shares his world view. Do you want to help George Bush by turning Canada into his latest conquest? Is that how you want millions of us down here to see you from now on? The next notch in the cowboy belt? C'mon, where's your Canadian pride?


Honestly, the vast majority of Americans really couldn't care less who Canada elects to lead their country. It's doubtful that most people's opinions of Canada is really going to change much regardless of who is in charge.

Eh?

1 Comments:

At 11:18 PM, Blogger Maryland political dude said...

While Im not a big MM an (understatement) you should be able to recognize humor/parody

Think of what tone hed be reading this in

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home